Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rock Climbing

My first time rock climbing turned out to be a great 4th of July activity. We started early in the morning at the Black Cliffs which is a convenient drive just 10 minutes from home. I finally got to try my sweet new gear - Ma & Pa Adams gave me the helmet for my bridal shower, Christina gave me my shoes (they are awesome) and we bought the harness. Everything else Zach already had of course. I wasn't scared at all (which actually scares me) and I can't wait to go again! So addicting!


View of East Boise from the Black Cliffs



Zach getting ready to repel down. He looks too calm for me.



Me at the top getting ready to repel down.

Hey, it's not too bad after all!



Half way there. This is fun!



Spider monkey Zach



Zach getting ready to go up with a harness he made himself... could be a little sketchy.

***Footnote here... only afterwards did we find out the harness could have been made a much better way. Ssshhhh...



Concentration... Or is that fear?

Dropping Evan would be bad.



Proud to show his battle wound. Afterall, his name is "Billy B.A."

He also goes by "Tough Guy #1." As you can imagine, that would leave Zach as "Tough Guy #2."

(But only because Evan did the bootcamp thing... with a broken foot.)

Not much of a reason if you ask me.



Evan on-belay for me



Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall...

1 comment:

The McGuffin Family said...

I cannot believe all the things that you have done together. Hope you have lots and lots of fun together!