Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

So we finished the 11 footer on New Years Day and later that afternoon Evan, Jenni, Rochelle, and I moved into our home away from home to welcome the 2009. The temp inside the igloo through the night only got down to 32 degrees. We all stayed warm and toasty except poor Jenni's toes... Which is crazy as she had the warmest sleeping bag rated to -20 degrees.

We rang in 2009 with some Roman Candles. I'm pretty happy with how these pictures turned out as I don't really know what the heck I'm doing with my camera. But for a sony point and shoot camera it really brought out what we experianced in the dark snowy night. I hope you enjoy the pics.







Wipeout!

Superman... I mean Evan belly sliding the sled hill.

Jenni hitting the hill.

Rochelle shooting the shoots.

Evan, Jenni, Rochelle and Zach at the mouth of the 11 foot Igloo.

Here are a couple of videos from our little trip. The first is of the inside of the igloo when we are packing up getting ready to head home. Then a clip of the sledding hill. The last video is me hitting the jump that we built next to the Igloo on my board. We had a great time ringing in the new year. We hope that this year brings happiness and adventure to all!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally SWEET!!!!

Holli said...

I'm with Keith: Totally SWEET!!! The igloo is so awesome, the snow track looks fun, and MAN, ZACH -- you really got some air on your board! Happy New Year.

xoxo,
Holli

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! I love the glowing igloo and how BIG it is inside. What a great way to start a new year!!!