Friday, January 16, 2009

24-hour Makeover


Ever since day one, I've been overcome with anxiety every time I entered the Gear Room. We enjoy alot of outdoor activities, but seriously, this is just ridiculous. I'm embarrassed of this picture - it can only be shown because this is the "before" to the "after."



First everything had to go to the living room, so we really looked like slobs. Then I painted one wall in the Gear Room green.


There are very few reasons I will get up at 5am, but going to IKEA with the intention of spending money is one of them. We got back at 7pm and began in on the real fun.



This closet amazes me. There are 12 drawers and 3 large bins. Everything is organized and has it's place.


All the backpacks now hang on the wall. There are 5 heavy duty shelves in the corner holding tents, boots and some other stuff. Zach has a 8 ft. long work station where he can pack up his gear.


And this is my favorite part! The pegboard was cheap and easy. And so practical.



All the sleeping bags are stored nicely underneath. This was a relatively inexpensive project, and worth every penny for our sanity. But I do hope the next IKEA trip is because we are going to buy a kitchen!! Or a bathroom... or even both!

3 comments:

Holli said...

Cool, Cool, COOL! The room looks great, and I'm loving the new header on your blog!

xoxo

Freddy said...

Your guys room is sweet! And the yurt pictures and clips are well put together! Toni and I had a great time and look forward to the next! Freddy and Toni

The McGuffin Family said...

Love it !!! Great job.